ONCORE provide online CPD for the vet profession. Fully-tutored, flexible, social group learning, using a modern, online ‘Virtual Learning Environment’ – so you can learn alongside others from the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
ONCORE work in partnership with A1, and provide offers for A1 locums – please ask for details.
I4 has been running since 2005 and their main clients include, NHS Nurses, teachers and the veterinary industry. I4 offers two products, umbrella services and limited company services. They recommend that high earners and long-time locums register a Ltd Company but all others use them for their umbrella services.
Veterinary Defence Society
What is the Veterinary Defence Society?
VDS is a mutual insurance company run by experienced veterinary surgeons on behalf of the veterinary profession, which:
- Insures the vast majority of the practising profession against the effects of claims of negligence.
- Ensures that each case is handled by a veterinary colleague experienced in claims management.
- Defends reputations and finances against unjustified claims and offers compensation when appropriate.
- Includes cover for negligence resulting in human injury.
- Provides legal representation at criminal and disciplinary hearings.
- Offers advice and guidance to members by telephone through Newsletters and other helpful publications.