Tel: 01280 850 575
Fax: 01280 850 570
Welcome to A1 Locums
Locum Vets, Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists Recruitment
A1 Locums Ltd have a wealth of experience sourcing both locum and permanent staff solely within the veterinary industry.
We pride ourselves on offering a fast, efficient and above all, friendly service to both clients and locums alike.
With over 20 years of recruitment experience, our recruitment consultants are well positioned to place the right people into the most suitable positions.
Meet the A1 Locums Team
The team at A1 Locums are passionate about creating relationships with their colleagues, veterinary professionals and veterinary practices. We look to explore all areas for our candidates and strive to get best practice for everyone. We aim to offer unbeatable customer service and the only thing we take seriously is our work. We care, we really do.
From left to right - Keira, Anne, Trish, Steph and Clare, the boss, - (behind) Anna, Niel and our two receptionists, TC the cat and Harvey the Dog.
For nurses, please call 01280 851322 and speak to Anne or Keira or email email@example.com.
For vets, please call 01280 851328 and speak to Clare or Stephanie or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our international department please call 01280 850575 and speak to Niel or email email@example.com
For sales and marketing please call 01280 850575 and speak to Anna
For accounts please call 01280 850575 and speak to Trish.
A1 Locums Graduate of the Year 2016
Well done to Laura in achieving such excellent results and winning the A1 Locums award for 2016.
Laura graduated from Harper Adams University with a first class honours degree and is currently covering a locum maternity role Wicstun Veterinary group in Market Weighton, Yorkshire, which is a mixed practice. Her plan is to save up and eventually travel and work abroad, potentially in Australia. Laura would like to do some work with wild animals, or work on 'neuter and release' programme, whilst travelling. In her final year at Harpers, she was course rep, enjoying organizing events for special veterinary students.
Her main passion is nursing and she is now surgical nursing and she has commented that being scrubbed up is one of her favourite jobs as a veterinary nurse.
As a student Laura was a highly motivated and dedicated student, very popular with her peers and staff. Her dissertation was titled 'Investigation into whether the provision of post-operative care information to clients at the time of patient admission benefits the patients aftercare'.
Register with A1 Locums
to advertise your vacancies
and solve your staffing problems!
» sign up...
- Hi Anne,
I am emailing to let you know that I have left the UK and am now living in Vietnam!!! Crazy I know, but sometimes you just gotta follow your heart :). I don't know when, or if Ill come back to the UK. But if I do, I will let you know immediately.
Thank you so much for all you have done for me all the past years, you have found me some amazing jobs and really looked out for me :)
Thanks a million. Tracey.
- Hi Clare,
I canīt thank you enough for the help you have been giving us!.
Thanks a lot,
I will keep in touch!
Thank you very much for your help finding me and my wife work prior to traveling, especially at such short notice. I think we will be back for a brief while but if we are i will get back to you.
Best wishes, Adam
- Seriously, you have been very kind and professional, I really want to say you THANKS again! I've probably been a bit annoying, so thank you for your patience!
At least you have noticed that I'm really keen and focus and I really want to work.
- Dear Stephanie,
I wanted to thank you for helping me throughout the process of getting the locum veterinary job in Swansea. I am starting at the end of the month but visited the practice this week and everybody was absolutely lovely. Again, thank you for being such a supportive professional.
- I also wanted to thank you very much for offering me the position at Southampton. Things are going well for me and I really enjoy working there.
- I am writing to confirm my successful completion of your placement for me. I really enjoyed working there and I believe that the practice was pleased with my work. Thank you very much for helping me to find this very pleasant locum position.
- Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for your immediate response. You are always very helpful.
- Can I please just say thank you for your help and what a friendly service you provide.
- OMG! You are amazing! Thank you so much Clare. Once again, the biggest heartfelt thanks - thank you.
- Dear Clare, Thanks a lot for being such a friendly locum agency to work with.
Best wishes, Simon
- Hello Stephanie, Just wanted to thank you again for sorting this out for me!
Best wishes, Fiona
- Hi Anne, I hope this email finds you well, I'm emailing you to inform you I have finished my placement at New Era Vet Hospital on Jersey, it was an enjoyable placement - the team is great and the workload is incredibly varied. Thank you so much for encouraging me to take the placement.
Many Thanks, Laura.
See us at...
ECC UK Veterinary Congress
10th & 11th November 2016
Majestic Hotel, Harrogate, HG1 2HU
» See website...
With 54 clinics and 4 hospitals (and still growing), covering thecovering the UK, Vets now provide out of hours cover and referral services to more small animal practices than anyone else in Britain. We are pleased to work in partnership with Vets now and have lots of availability for odd day shifts and longer term contracts. If interested, please contact us for more information.