Union Flag

Working in the UK

Since leaving the EU in 2020, there are several routes you can take to work in the UK.  As every body’s situation is different, A1 Locums are unable to advise if you are eligible for any scheme, so we have supplied the links below for you to make an individual check and prepare yourself for your job search.

Remember to also check your qualifications with the RCVS to see if your qualifications are recognised by the RCVS or if you need to register.  Process below is listed for veterinary vets and nurses; it is also important to check the level of English required and necessary certification.

After checking your RCVS status and if you can come to the UK, you can then start looking at jobs which offer sponsorship. 


Can be offered by corporate practices and by independent practices.  You will need to apply for jobs advertising sponsorship.